Miles Ahead Driver Training - Terms & Conditions
When booking services from Miles Ahead, the client acknowledges the following and accepts the following terms and conditions:
1. The discounted first lesson is open to anyone who have not previously taken lessons with Miles Ahead.
2. We are legally required to check your driving licence before any in-car training can take place. We will give you more information about what you’ll need to do to enable us to make this check once you are booked in (or you can use this link). Throughout your training, you must inform us immediately if you receive any endorsements on your license, or any change in circumstances that would need to be declared to the DVLA.
3. You should agree with your instructor where your lessons will start and end when making any lesson bookings. Changes to these locations will only be considered if good notice is given. If you make such a request, your lesson may be shortened to cover any additional travelling time to avoid disrupting other lessons and tests.
4. For driving tests, you will be required to pay for a minimum of 2 hours under our normal tariff, which will include approximately 45 minutes of pre-test practice including the drive to test centre, use of the vehicle during the practical test, post test debrief and the journey home. This is in addition to any test fees paid to the DVSA which is not included in our prices. In the event that your instructor accompanies you to your driving test and your test does not go ahead due to your negligence (for example getting the wrong day or test centre), then you will still have to pay for our services.
5. The availability of our services for your test is at our discretion and requires all lesson fees to be paid up to date. Our services will be refused if your driving is considered below the standard required for the test or if it is considered you are not likely to reach the required standard in the time available, if your driving standard has been adversely affected by the cancellation of lessons or lack of training for whatever reason, or you appear unwell or to be affected by alcohol or drugs including medically prescribed drugs. Any test sessions pre-booked with us will be automatically cancelled if there is a gap in training of more than two weeks.
6. Block bookings must be in used within 6 months of purchase. We will refund payment for unused lessons provided 48 hours notice is given.
7. Gift vouchers must be in used within 6 months of purchase. Gift vouchers are not transferable and cannot be re-deemed for cash. We will refund payment in full provided 48 hours notice is given.
8. Lesson and test bookings are accepted only on the express understanding that we will not be liable for any costs, expenses, claims or losses caused or incurred following our refusal or inability to provide a car/instructor for lesson/test, for the lack of availability of any car/instructor for a lesson/test, or from a cancellation of any lesson/test howsoever caused or for whatever reason. In the event of mechanical breakdown or other difficulties outside our control, we reserve the right to rearrange lessons at short notice.
1. You should also ensure that you meet the requirements for eyesight (you need to be able to read a car registration number from a distance of 20.5 metres with or without eyesight correction) and general fitness to drive. We are legally required to check your eyesight before any in-car training can take place. It is your responsibility to ensure that you continue to meet the requirements for eyesight and general fitness to drive throughout your training.
2. You will need to bring your driving licence photo-card along to your first session for ID purposes.
3. It is your responsibility to contact us if for any reason you are unable to keep an appointment. Any lessons cancelled or postponed must be paid for unless 48 hours notice is given. Further bookings will not be taken until all outstanding payment has been received. Frequent cancellations, regardless of notice given, and long periods in between each lesson are unacceptable, and WILL result in us withdrawing our services WITHOUT NOTICE.
Jurisdiction and Law
Unless otherwise specified, the services described in this website are available only to UK residents (excluding the Channel Islands and Isle of Man). The information on this website is not directed at anyone other than UK residents and applications from others will, unless otherwise stated, not be accepted. Miles Ahead makes no representation that any of our services are appropriate for use, or available in other locations. The information and other materials contained in this website may not satisfy the laws of any other country and those who choose to access this site from other locations are responsible for compliance with local laws if and to the extent local laws are applicable. The phone numbers provided only apply to phone calls made from within the UK.
These Terms & Conditions and any Terms & Conditions relating to products or services described in this website shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Disputes arising in relation to the same shall, unless otherwise expressly agreed, be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS
Miles Ahead reserves the right to change these Terms & Conditions at any time by posting changes on the website (specifically on this page). It is your responsibility to review the website regularly to ensure that you are aware of the latest Terms & Conditions. Your use of our sevices after a change has been posted will be deemed to signify your acceptance of the modified Terms & Conditions.
We recommend that you print off and retain for your records a copy of these Terms & Conditions from time to time, and a copy of any terms and conditions relating to any product or service which you apply for on-line, together with any related application form completed and submitted.
Should you wish to discuss any aspect of these Terms & Conditions, please contact us as below:
Phone: 07539 176984